COA is your partner in environmental sustainability with green cleaning practices that lessen the impact on the environment. Green cleaning is more than what is on the surface. It is promoting improved indoor air quality and cleaning beyond outward appearance.
Why We Clean Green
- Performance and productivity
- Reduce our impact on the environment
- Impact both your company and your building owner’s bottom line
Our green cleaning services follow the standards of ISSA CIMS (Cleaning Industry Management Standard) and CIMS GB (Green Building). These standards have been proven to meet our customer’s sustainability goals.
Green Cleaning in Procedures and Products
Since 2002, green cleaning has been a part of our culture as well as being the way we clean. COA provides Green Seal Certified, bio-based cleaning products, EPA-compliant paper, and low energy, low noise, high filtration, CRI Certified equipment that protects health and the environment in accordance with CIMS and Green Seal’s GS-42 Green Cleaning Policy. All of our clients receive the same level of sustainable cleaning practices.
Our comprehensive green cleaning program can also contribute points toward LEED EBOM should you decide to obtain certification for your buildings.
Green Cleaning Implementation
COA will develop and maintain a set of written guidelines that govern the cleaning procedures, chemical handling and tracking requirements, equipment maintenance and operation procedures. This includes training and inspection programs and reporting, as well as record-keeping procedures.
Our processes include areas such as:
- Site-specific green cleaning manual/plan
- Ongoing communication with client and building owner
- Floor maintenance plan
- Routine cleaning operations
- Minimum frequency detailing necessary to maintain a level of cleanliness that protects human health and the environment
- Schedule review
- Strategy for vulnerable populations, children, asthmatics and pregnant woman
- Identifying indoor sources of contaminants both temporary and permanent
- Building renovations, plants and carpet installations
- Detail how green cleaning will address specific areas
- Storage and use of chemicals
- Special requirements, such as asbestos in tiles
- Seasonal requirements, such as school vacations
- Cleaning procedure requirements
- Environmentally preferred cleaning products and supplies
Health Benefits of Green Cleaning
Studies have shown that high-performance green and healthy cleaning result in the following benefits:
52 % reduction in airborne dust
49 % decrease in Volatile Organic Compounds concentrations
40 % reduction in bacteria
24 % reduction in reported illnesses
34 % fewer doctor visits
40 % fewer days absent from schools
1 Environmental Impact Study, Dr. Michael Berry, Frank Porter Graham Development Center
2 Health Impact Assessment Study, Dr. Leonard R. Krilov, Association for Children with Downs Syndrome School
COA’s Green Cleaning Pledge
“We pledge to do our part to sustain the environment and to protect and enhance
the well-being of our employees and their families. We commit to implement, in all feasible areas, the right processes equipment, and solutions that respect and preserve our natural resources.”